Saturday, September 23, 2017

I DODGED A SPEEDING BULLET

     Well, maybe the bullet wasn't speeding!

     Well, maybe it wasn't a bullet!

     Well, maybe I didn't dodge!

     For a male, I'm fairly careful about watching my health. I'm very fortunate to have good health. But I do watch how I look after myself.

     Two weeks ago I had my annual checkup. I have a very thorough family doc when it comes to check ups. After listening to an area on my chest, he told me that my aorta was not making the normal sound. He wasn't concerned but he wanted me to get an Ultra Sound of my aorta. Now I didn't realize that the aorta went down both sides of the abdomen. So when I was getting the ultrasound I wondered why they were working hard on my abdomen. 

     My Doc said he'd phone if there was a problem. Well the clinic phoned and asked me to come and see my doc in  about 3 days. This was enough time to get me worrying as to what was wrong. The Micro Manager got very stressed by this situation so she didn't do anything to allay any worries I had.. 

     Since they'd gone over my abdomen I wondered if they found something that looked like cancer. Did they find an aneurysm? So I had myself in overdrive with worry when I got to the doc's office.

    Well he told me that what the ultrasound indicated was some stuff on the walls of my aorta. How much stuff I asked. They don't know was the reply. Keep on doing what you're doing.

   Reality told me there shouldn't be a problem. My blood pressure was 121 /63 during my examination. But I still worried. You look up on the Internet about aneurysm surgery and it's serious stuff.

    So I felt like I'd dodged a bullet when it was found to be nothing serious.

    Relief!

32 comments:

  1. I am glad it was not serious. Of course you and your manager were stressed, that is understandable. Take care Red:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is relief. Often we worry unnecessarily but I know it is difficult for many of us, myself included, not to worry. Your blood pressure is excellent by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll say we worry unnecessarily. However, I'm not a worrier and am usually pretty low key.

      Delete
  3. Life of a pensionado is not always easy..., glad nothing serious has happened until now. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very fortunate to have good health and be very active.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad everything seems to have turned out all right, Red. This just reminded me that my husband went in for some tests recently and the doctor never got back to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The never getting back is a nightmare. I don't trust these people.

      Delete
  5. Nice to stay away from that bullet. I have one so get checked every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get an annual check up. So far nothing has every been discovered.

      Delete
  6. Don't read stuff on the INternet until you absolutely have to! They will monitor it and should protect you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to check the Internet. I feel like I get ahead of the game.

      Delete
  7. It's awful, that waiting. We do the same thing every 3 mos. now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys have certainly done your share of waiting.

      Delete
  8. I've been known to get worked up over things too. The relief when it proves to be okay is overwhelming, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty low key about all this stuff unless somebody else gets bent out of shape. I try not to involve my wife in any medical matters.

      Delete
  9. Sure glad it is nothing serious. Any time a doctor looks a little concerned, my first thought is cancer too. My doctor told me to stay off the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guy doesn't mind me on the Internet. He's young so understands what' going on.

      Delete
  10. Well, I'm glad there was no immediate issue! My uncle had surgery to prevent an aortic aneurysm, so I know way too much about that and how serious it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With my blood pressure there shouldn't have been a problem with an aneurysm.

      Delete
  11. Glad to hear it wasn't anything serious, although it seems those medic al people could have spared you some of the anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't worried but my wife was. I try not to involve her in my health.

      Delete
  12. I'm glad you got a good result in the end. i would be beside myself during the wait

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad to hear that everything is fine. Nothing tops having good health.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mysterious stuff happens inside us. Why didn't God create transparent skin so that we could see what's going on? I guess the coating on your aorta is either gravy or custard. Perhaps you should cut down on both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope it's nothing. I don't know how I would feel about you getting sick, since you're indestructible in my world. So don't get sick, okay? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a relief. Keep up the good health and stay active and you should be fine, you're still ticking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is good. Wife don't have to fret. Of course we worry about cancer.
    My dear neighbor he had cancer but he is strong willed. He is home.

    Another lady she had a hip replacement and Red she is 98. Her memory is the best. She is up walking.

    So I have learned live day to day. Be happy. Happy is the key. I am late with posting Red. Sorry. Oh by the way. Thank you for your encouragements for my art posting. It encourages me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whew! I'm sure that was huge relief. Just the fact that you were having an annual check-up is a great thing. It is amazing how many people (especially men), don't ever go to the doctor until they KNOW that something is wrong.

    ReplyDelete